Salford Supply Desk have created a partnership with CPD, who provide Safeguarding Children – Level 2 training.
Safeguarding is paramount as an educational agency, therefore we feel it’s vital for staff to have access to a thorough, certified safeguarding course, while at a cost efficient price.
A link to our partnership course can be found below:
Due to our partnership with CPD, safeguarding courses can be purchased via the link for £8.40, instead of the standard price of £24.
Here are some of the benefits to the CPD Safeguarding Training:
- Fully CPD registered
- ROSPA approved (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents)
- Completed online with instant downloadable certificate
- Completed at your own pace (ability to stop and start your course)
- Fully printed certificate posted next day
- Covers all required legislation and practices
Units covered in CPD’s Safeguarding Children – Level 2 are below:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to safeguarding – In our first unit we will be looking at what ‘safeguarding means’. We will explore who is responsible for protecting children from abuse, as well as statistics about the different types of child abuse.
- Unit 2 – Safeguarding structure – In our second unit we will be looking at the what the single assessment is. We will look at the possible outcomes of the assessment and what happens if there is a risk of serious imminent harm.
- Unit 3 – Types of abuse – In this unit we will be looking at the different forms of abuse that a child may be exposed to and who may be an abuser.
- Unit 4 – Recognising risks – In this unit we will look at how you can recognise the risks of child abuse. It will also look at how to judge if a report needs to be made or not. It will also cover what makes children more vulnerable to child abuse.
- Unit 5 – Reporting concerns – In this unit we will be looking at when and how to make a report. We will be looking at whether or not it is appropriate to inform the child’s parents about the suspected abuse. This unit also covers who reports should be reported to.
- Unit 6 – Post referral – In our final unit we will be looking at what happens after a referral has been made and the potential outcomes of it. This unit will also explain what a child protection conference is.